Experienced Conroe Attorneys Help You Take Action After a Wrongful Death
A compassionate legal team that keeps you informed at all times
There’s nothing more difficult than losing a loved one due to the negligent or irresponsible actions of another party. If your family is facing this situation, place your trust in the reputable wrongful death lawyers at Hope & Causey, P.C. in Conroe, Texas. Our attorneys are committed to serving all of your legal needs during this challenging time. To meet with a lawyer who takes a hands-on approach to your wrongful death claim, work with our trusted legal team.
Common causes of wrongful death
The statute of limitations in Texas specifies that you must file a wrongful death claim within two years of the death. That is why it is important to see our experienced attorneys as soon as possible in order to get compensation for lost earnings, lost care, mental and emotional anguish, lost companionship and lost inheritance.
Any accident can lead to a wrongful death, including:
- Car and truck accidents: Auto accidents are quite common in Texas and across the country, but in rare cases they may result in the death of drivers, passengers or bystanders. If the crash was the result of a negligent behavior, such as inattentive, drunk or drowsy driving, you may need to seek damages from the party at fault.
- Motorcycle accidents: Riding a motorcycle comes with inherent dangers. When other drivers fail to watch out for motorcyclists, the results can be catastrophic. We are passionate about getting compensation for the families of people who have died in a motorcycle accident.
- Slips and falls: If a property owner, particularly a business or organization, fails to maintain reasonably safe conditions, an accident could claim someone’s life. This falls into the category of premises liability law, and we have years of experience handling these complex issues.
- Traumatic brain injuries: A head injury may result in permanent medical conditions, which may immediately or eventually lead to the victim’s death. In many situations, families need to seek damages covering the extreme costs of long-term care.
- Workplace accidents: When a fatal accident occurs on the job, workers’ compensation likely won’t cover the long-term loss of financial support your family may need to endure. Our lawyers give you the sound guidance you need after a workplace injury claims the life of someone close to you.
There are a number of other accidents that may result in someone’s death, in addition to those listed above. Regardless of your circumstances, we are passionate about assisting surviving spouses, children or parents who are dealing with the heartbreak and devastation of losing a family member. It is important to note that, in Texas, siblings cannot file a wrongful death claim. We help you determine if you are eligible to file a claim and pursue the damages you deserve after a fatal accident claims the life of your loved one.
Meet with a dedicated wrongful death attorney in Conroe
If your family is dealing with the difficult loss of a loved one, work with the compassionate wrongful death lawyers at Hope & Causey, P.C. We are proud to serve clients throughout Conroe and the surrounding communities. To set up a free initial consultation, please call 936-441-4673 or contact us online today.