Reputable Conroe Car Injury Lawyers Take Action After a Motor Vehicle Crashes
Highly responsive to your needs as you seek compensation
Conroe, located about 40 miles north of Houston, is a principal city in the Houston–The Woodlands–Sugar Land metropolitan area. It is the county seat of Montgomery County, with a population of about 103,000. Traffic gets tight in Downtown Conroe's Central Business District, around such landmarks as the Montgomery County Memorial Library and the Lone Star Monument. Accidents often arise from multiple causes, such as speeding, drunk driving, distracted driving or inclement weather.
If you’ve been injured in a car collision, work with the personal injury attorneys at Hope & Causey, P.C. in Conroe. We take a hands-on approach, delivering the personal attention and responsiveness you need and deserve when dealing with a tough injury. We have served the Montgomery County community since 1979 and have built a reputation based on skilled legal representation and a focus on results.
The various types of motor vehicle accidents in Texas
Motor vehicle crashes may involve many different scenarios and victims, including drivers, passengers, bicyclists, motorcycle riders and pedestrians. The following are some of the most common types of these accidents:
- Car accidents — Typical car crashes involve two or more passenger vehicles, which may collide due to driver distraction, drunk driving, drowsy driving, lack of visibility and poor road maintenance. We help you hold negligent drivers and other parties accountable for the actions leading up to the accident in question, especially when it results in significant injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one.
- Motorcycle accidents — Motorcycle riders have the same rights to our roads and highways as other motorists, although they lack the size and visibility of most other vehicles. Drivers must be aware of the motorcycles with which they share the road, particularly when changing lanes and making turns.
- Truck accidents — Due to the size and weight of tractor-trailers and other large commercial trucks, a collision with another automobile can have devastating results. Truck drivers’ errors, rushed schedules, poorly balanced loads and inclement weather are some of the most common factors leading to these crashes.
- Pedestrian accidents — People on foot are susceptible to serious injuries if a motor vehicle strikes them, as they typically lack any form of protection. In many situations, drivers fail to account for pedestrians at intersections, even if there is a marked crosswalk.
Although there are some accidents for which no one is really at fault, others are the result of negligence on the part of one or more parties. Our personal injury lawyers protect your rights and best interests.
Where do most car accidents in Montgomery County Texas happen?
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were 15,299 crashes resulting in serious injury in Texas in 2022, and 18,880 people sustained significant injuries. Among the most treacherous roadways are State Highway 105 and I-45.
The most common reasons for auto accidents on Texas roads include:
- Aggressive driving, reckless driving, and speeding
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Distracted driving
- Failing to adjust for inclement weather
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Abrupt lane changes and turns, especially without signaling
- Failure to stop for a sign or red light
Whatever the cause of an accident, we investigate thoroughly to determine exactly who is at fault.
Why should you hire a personal injury lawyer at Hope & Causey after a Conroe car accident?
An insurance claim is bound to encounter resistance. If you don’t have professional representation, you can expect an insurance company to deny responsibility, delay settlement talks and defend against your claim. Their job is to limit how much the company pays, no matter how legitimate your claim might be. They might even try to turn the tables and accuse you of causing the crash.
While you are trying to restore your health, you don’t need the added stress and uncertainty that comes with trying to fight insurer’s tactics. When you retain our firm, you get an experienced and accomplished legal team that can thoroughly investigate your accident, retain accident reconstruction and medical experts as needed and present a persuasive case, in claim negotiations and/or at trial.
Getting compensation after a Conroe, TX car accident
To recover damages from a third party, you must prove they were primarily at fault for the collision. There are four key legal elements of every liability claim:
- Duty of care— A person had a duty to act to those around them.
- Breach — That person breached the duty of care by behaving carelessly.
- Causation — The careless act caused an accident.
- Damages — The accident inflicted injury on another person.
An experienced personal injury attorney knows how to construct a case that addresses each of these elements.
Recovering damages after a car accident in Conroe, TX
Serious injuries often suffered in an auto accident include:
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Broken bones
- Burns and scarring
- Internal injuries
- Loss of limbs
Such injuries usually result in significant costs to victims, such as the following:
- Medical expenses, present and future
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages, present and future
- Personal care expenses
- Modifications of a home and/or car to accommodate disabilities
But losses can be more than economic. A victim can also suffer physical pain, mental suffering and loss of quality of life. As your advocates, we fight aggressively to recover the full compensation you deserve.
Contact an accomplished team of car accident attorneys
Immediately after an auto accident, meet with a skilled personal injury lawyer at Hope & Causey, P.C. Based in Conroe, we serve individuals and families in Montgomery County, San Antonio, Houston and beyond. For a free initial consultation, please call 936-441-4673 or contact us online.